A Blooming Affair Committee
Each year Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest celebrates the annual A Blooming Affair Fashion show, showcasing the areas’ leading independent retailers on its boastful 100 ft. runway and shops in our Boulevard of Boutiques. For over 45 years, A Blooming Affair has been the fall fashion event in Waterloo Region, attracting over 700 attendees each year and providing them with not just a trendy fashion show, but an afternoon filled with entertainment, food and drink, and an opportunity to shop at the various trendy boutiques. A highlight of A Blooming Affair Fashion Show each year is its raffle, with proceeds benefiting a local charity.
A Blooming Affair has various roles that can be supported from members:
1. Meeting alongside the Chair and sponsors to plan event details such as layout, décor, florals.
2. Planning and creating the upcoming social media campaign for the coming event.
3. Approaching clothing stores to be part of the fashion show in coordination with the modelling agency.
4. Approaching vendors who specialize in health, home, fitness, clothing, accessories, and various
products that would appeal to attendees to shop from in our boulevard of boutiques.
5. Approaching companies/persons for door prize/raffle donations and management of the items
6. Supporting the Chair/Vice-Chair in various roles/tasks.
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Ease with interacting with large crowds, potential sponsors, approaching companies for participation in event
3. Event planning
4. Knowledge of Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest and Waterloo Region
5. Computer skills: MS Office, Google Documents, DropBox
6. Previous experience with fashion shows in any capacity an asset
The A Blooming Affair Committee is always looking to expand its team to help create an unforgettable event. Volunteers need to be 19+. Those under 19 can assist for high-school hours during set-up the day before or day of assist alongside a committee member.
In addition to full-time Committee volunteers, Single Day volunteers are needed to assist in various roles to help the event run smoothly.
To apply to be a single day volunteer please fill out the application here.
Please note: this applications is different from our official Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Volunteer Application.