The Ceremonies Committee is responsible for bringing to life the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. They must prepare the stage, select entertainment and invite dignitaries who will all be present for the Opening Ceremonies. It is also their job to pick a location to hold the closing ceremonies; always in one of the Festhallen. This Committee is responsible for kicking off the Festival year and for ending it on a good note.
* The decoration, staging and entertainment of Opening Ceremonies.
* The selection of location for Closing Ceremonies.
* The ceremonies present a high level of value to the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest experience as seen by our critical stakeholders.
* All ceremonies must have a “fresh face” each year and a high level of audience engagement to support the KWO experience.
* A knowledge of staging.
* A knowledge of event programming.