The Family and Cultural Events Committee exists to encourage our community and visitors to our community to participate in and experience Canada’s Greatest Bavarian Festival. Our Committee provides the opportunity for local businesses and community members to become involved with the festival by staging a variety of events that are fun for all ages and that focus on family and culture.
* Oversee 3 – 4 events staged by community groups.
* Assist these groups with the planning and hosting of their events.
* Arrange for entertainment, assist with venue decorating and set-up, distribute necessary signage and ensure that the host groups are following Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest’s guidelines.
* Evaluate events and nominate winners.
* “Tracht” required.
* Negotiations, event planning, and/or marketing experience would be an asset.
* Above average analytic, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
* An eye for detail and the ability to objectively evaluate the events.
* Able to serve as a representative of the festival and work with diverse groups.
* Solid organizational, diplomacy and teamwork skills.