What makes Tour de Hans different is the one-of-a-kind Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Experience that comes with it! The ride begins and ends with a unique Oktoberfest Experience; all racers enjoy a Finish Line Party that includes a keg tapping, authentic Bavarian food, live entertainment and of course, the true spirit of Gemuetlichkeit! Riders receive commemorative Tour de Hans goodie bags, lunch with beverage, and opportunity to purchase an authentic KW Oktoberfest long sleeved jersey. Top male and famale finishers in the 50km and 100km will ride in the annual KW Oktoberfest Thanksgiving Day Parade.
* Deal with registration issues, answer questions, confirm sponsor registrations, recruit/register VIP riders, coordinate rider grab bags and race pick-up kits.
* For those interested in liaison role for timing/results: Familiarity with cycling. Understand the rules of riding and implement best practices. Answer rider inquiries regarding rules.
* May be required to book third-party services including porta-potties, emergency services, police auxiliary, shuttle riders when necessary, recruit volunteers, and more.
* Ability to serve and represent the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest brand and work with diverse groups
* Event management, time management
* Personable, high energy and professional
* First Aid Training a nice to have, but not required
* Experience in cycling a nice to have, but not required
* Seeking many positions for registration, timing & result liaison, Rest Stop coordinator, Health & Safety coordinator, Volunteer management. Also looking for day-of volunteers to assist with setup, take-down, registration tables, route cheerleaders, health & safety assistance.