Women of the Year Committee
The K-W Oktoberfest Rogers Women of the Year Awards recognize outstanding women in t he community in ten categories: Arts & Culture; Community Service; Entrepreneur; Group Achievement; Health and Wellness; Lifetime Achievement; professional; Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM); Sports and Recreation; and Young Adult. Nominees and award recipients are recognized at a celebratory rception annually.
The committee identifies potential nominees and encourages nominations. A seperate adjudication committee selects the award recipients. The committee meets monthly for 1.5 hours, and volunteers can also expect an additional 15-20 hours
1. Identify potential nominees and encourage nominations.
2. Plan details for the awards reception, including décor, food and keynote speaker.
3. Promote the awards via social media.
4. Liaise with sponsors and nominees.
5. Volunteer at the event, including set-up, ticketing, decor, and clean-up
1. Organization, planning.
2. Communication, client service.
3. Positive attitude, creativity, perseverance.
4. Marketing, promotion
5. Event Planning
We are a fun and committed group, who are passionate about recognizing the contributions of women who live and/or work locally.
In addition to full-time Women of the Year Committee volunteers, Single Day volunteers are needed for event logistics depending on their skill set, such as: set up, greet nominees, assist with ticket sales, help guests find tables and clean up after event.
To apply to be a single day volunteer please fill out the application here.
Please note: this applications is different from our official Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Volunteer Application.