The Archives Committee is about capturing the history of the festival through photos, news releases, presidential documents and small artifacts. The Archives Committee compiles all the relevant information to submit to the University of Waterloo where Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest has a contract to keep the festival’s history on file. You’ll get to enjoy the 2nd largest Bavarian festival in the world, while capturing and preserving the history of the region and the festival.
- Capturing history through shooting photos at Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest events.
- Selecting the best 200 photos of each festival year out of the thousands of pictures that come to the office from professional photographers and volunteers.
- Maintaining computer file storage of photos & managing selection of files to go to the University of Waterloo on the newest format (DVD-USB).
- Creating and selecting photos for each presidential document.
- Transporting and delivering the KWO office admin to University of Waterloo archival library (when required).
- Knowledge of Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest and Waterloo Region
- Computer skills: MS Office, Photoshop/Photo editing Program
- Previous experience with Archives an asset
Two (2) volunteers are needed for each Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest event except for events handled by professional photographers hired by the festival. Volunteers need to be 19+.
The Archives Committee is currently looking for additional volunteers to join their team. Volunteers are needed both to help manage files and to take photographs at Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest events.
In addition to full-time Archives Committee volunteers, Single Day volunteers are needed to take pictures at various festival events. Single Day Volunteers are also needed to assist volunteer photographers with recording date, time, place and dignitaries present.
To apply to be a single day volunteer please fill out the application here.
Please note: this applications is different from our official Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Volunteer Application.