Community Engagement Committee
The Community Engagement Committee’s mission is to grow awareness of the festival both within the region and across Canada. The Committee’s goal is to find ways to ensure that the festival feels inclusive and engages everyone within our community.
- Meeting once per month to discuss ways to further engaging the local community
- Contribute to the growth of the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest through creation of ideas to make it more inclusive
- Outreach within our community
- Strong community relationship skills and the ability to create and build relationships with key decision makers
- Strong grasp of marketing concepts including Public Relations, Communications and Social Media
- Loves working with a team
- Enthusiastically supports equality
The Community Engagement Committee is currently looking for new committee volunteers to join their team. Persons who have a passion for local community, a desire to create a more inclusive festival and have the ability to create meaningful community relationships would be a great fit for the committee.
Single Day Volunteers are also required for the Community Engagement Committee. These volunteers will help with the set-up and take-down of new events, assist in administering surveys as well as assisting at special one-off events. Single Day volunteers under the age of 19 are permitted, as long as event venue is open to all ages.
To apply to be a single day volunteer please fill out the application here.
Please note: this applications is different from our official Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Volunteer Application.