Family & Cultural Events Committee
The Family & Cultural Events Committee exists to encourage our community and visitors to participate in and experience Canada’s Greatest Bavarian Festival. The Family & Cultural Events Committee provides the opportunity for local businesses and community members to become involved with the festival by staging a variety of events that are fun for all ages and that focus on family and culture.
- Oversee 3-4 events staged by community groups
- Assist these groups with the planning and hosting of their events
- Distribute necessary signage and ensure that the host groups are following Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest’s guidelines
- Evaluate events and winners
- Tracht required
- Negotiations, event planning and/or social media marketing experience would be an asset
- Above average analytic, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- An eye for detail and the ability to objectively evaluate events
- Able to serve as a representative of the festival and work with diverse groups
- Solid organizational, diplomacy and teamwork skills
**Daytime availability is an asset for this committee, but not required.
The Family & Cultural Events Committee is looking for fresh eyes as they create a new vision/focus for the committee. They are looking for organized and dedicated volunteers. Previous event or social media marketing experience is an asset. A volunteer with daytime availability and willingness to recruit new events would be a great addition to the Family & Cultural Events Committee.