This committee functions all year round, providing Oktoberfest theme nights to local and out-of-town conventions. Committee members provide an authentic atmosphere for the client by decorating the convention facility, greeting attendees while dressed in Tracht and presenting any souvenirs that have been purchased by the convention conveners. The Conventions Committee also serves as ‘Keepers of the Keg’ and performs the keg tapping ceremonies at the Opening Ceremonies for the festival and at the individual Festhallen.
* Nominate ’Keepers of the Keg’.
* Introduce the ceremonial keg and dignitaries.
* Ensure that patrons enjoy the “Gemuetlichkeit” of Oktoberfest.
* Provide consultation and assistance to groups that want a Bavarian theme for their special events, conventions and meetings.
* Offer the rental of Oktoberfest decorations and garments, book Bavarian dance groups and bands, and order souvenirs on behalf of interested parties.
* Strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills.
* Event planning and/or marketing experience would be an asset.
* Own or willing to purchase Tracht.