Keg Tapping Committee
The Keg Tapping Team functions all year round, bringing the Oktoberfest experience to local and out of town conferences. The committee provides an authentic atmosphere for the client by decorating rooms to replicate a Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Festhalle, meet and greet guests as they arrive while dressed in Tracht, perform a keg tapping with beer samplings as well as engage the crowd to have an Oktoberfest style experience. The Keg Tapping Team also serves as the “Keepers of the Keg” and performs the keg tapping ceremonies at the Opening Ceremonies for the festival and at the individual Festhallen throughout the festival.
- Decorate event rooms
- Meet and greet guests
- Perform a keg tapping experience with dignitaries, the President, Miss Oktoberfest and our mascot, Onkel Hans
- Provide consultation and assistance to groups that want a Bavarian theme for their special events, conventions and meetings
- Engage with the guests to add to their experience and ensure patrons enjoy the “Gemütlichkeit” of Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest
- Outgoing personality comfortable speaking with crowds at large events
- Willingness to commit time to events, which could include weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Event planning and/marketing experience would be an asset
- Own or willing to purchase Tracht
Being a part of the Keg Tapping Team is a lot of fun, and will allow you to visit different venues and meet many interesting people. Volunteers with some day-time availability are an asset for weekday event requests.
The Keg Tapping Team is looking for new volunteers to join the team and help them spread the spirit of Oktoberfest all year round. Volunteers with flexible hours including afternoons, evenings and weekends are in high demand for the Keg Tapping Committee.