The Festival Promotions Committee is responsible for telling the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest story in order to increase awareness and participation in Canada’s greatest Bavarian festival. It is quite the story to tell so we use a number of different methods to market Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest.
- Developing ongoing strategies to keep our festival top of mind
- Supporting other committees with on-site events before & during the festival
- Spreading the spirit of Gemütlichkeit!
- Keeping on top of trends & bringing new ideas to utilize in the upcoming years promotions
- Assisting Festhallen partners with special events
- Assisting with the festival’s opening ceremony & keg tapping
- Strategic planning
- Written and verbal communications
- Graphic design
- Positive attitude & excited about Oktoberfest!
The Festival Promotions Committee is always looking for great parts of the Oktoberfest story to tell, and works closely with other committees to help spread their message. In addition to using social media, the Festival Promotions Committee operates the Prost Patrol, a team that visits various events and locations to promote Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest on a one of one basis. The Festival Promotions Committee is a great way to engage people and are always looking for hard-working volunteers to join their team.
To apply to be a single day volunteer please fill out the application here.
Please note: this applications is different from our official Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Volunteer Application.