The Women of The Year event is held annually and is a unique opportunity to recognize the talents, commitments and achievements of women in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo. Nominations are submitted by the public for Women of the Year in 8 different categories. A separate adjudicating panel makes the final decision on the award recipients prior to the event. The evening of the event is highlighted by a reception for all the nominees, a guest speaker, and the announcement and presentation of awards to women who best represent their categories for Women of the Year.
* Coordinate the Ceremony.
* Distribute nomination forms.
* Encourage nominations from the public.
* Liaise with the major sponsor.
* Set-up the facility, including decorations.
* Attend approximately 10 meetings and work an additional 16 – 20 hours per year.
* Creativity, perseverance, planning, communications, organizational skills.
* Marketing, event planning and/or television production skills would be an asset.
* Able to work diligently to promote the event.